Updated: Apr 16
I have been practicing Kundalini yoga for over 6 years now and it has been so meaningful in my life. I rarely use the words life changing but it truly is. It is a different kind of yoga that draws up the primal energy within us knows as Shakti which is said to be located at the base of the spine.
Every class and experience is different. Not one time have I been to class and it was exactly the same. Denise and I have been going to the same studio and teacher (Trish) over the years. We have felt the enlightenment and spiritual growth over this time.
One very simple meditation that everyone loves is Har, the prosperity meditation, which connects us to the creative flow. It is a matra that is repeated for 11 minute while doing a simple mudras. "This meditation stimulates the mind, the moon centre and Jupiter. When Jupiter and the moon come together, there is no way in the world you will not create wealth." Yogi Bhajan. Try it for several days and see the magic happen.
1.Sit in easy pose, with a light chin lock (pulling the head back so your neck is not overextended)
2. Elbows are by the side, forearms angled up and outward.
3. The Mercury (pinky) fingers and the Moon Mounds (located on the bottom of the palms) hit when the palms face up.
4. When the palms hit facing down, the sides of the Jupiter (index) fingers touch, and the thumbs cross below the hands, with the right thumb under the left.
5. Focus at the tip of the nose, through eyes 1/10th open (this may feel strange at first and perhaps even uncomfortable, but DO IT, cause it stimulates the pituitary gland which is our 3rd EYE which activates mystical capacity)
6. Chant "Har, Har" continuously from the navel, using the tip of the tongue.