Runway Nails Spotted at Christian Siriano & Alice & Olivia
It's not just about the fashion on the runway's durning New York Fashion Week but about the details too, like nails. Designer Christian Siriano had nails that wow'd. Inspired by the perfect Hawaiian dream vacation, Christian Siriano’s Spring 2019 Collection brings the spirit of the island to life with bold tropical and animal prints, playful brights and textured details. “I wanted the collection to feel playful, colorful, bright and romantic with femininity but still powerful and exciting,” notes Siriano.
Lead Manicurist for KISS Products, Inc., Gina Edwards, transported models to Siriano’s fantasy locale by creating an exotic nail look for the show using the imPRESS Press-On Manicure Nails in Black as a base. Edwards then used the KISS Nail Artist Paint in Gala to create a multi-dimensional zebra-like effect.“Everything about Christian Siriano’s Spring/Summer 2019 Collection felt fresh and fun, so I wanted to play off of that with an abstract nail,” said Edwards. “I dubbed this nail the ‘twisted zebra,’ a modern take on the animal print trend.”
How to Get the Look:
• Start with a black base nail using imPRESS Press-On Manicure in Medium Length in Play it Loud
• Find correct size, peel off backing and press on for a gel manicure in minutes
• Using KISS Nail Artist Paint in White, create pointed tear drop outline beginning at the cuticle and ending halfway down the nail bed
• Fill in the shape with KISS Nail Artist Paint
• Create fine hair-like strokes with a dry brush on the outer edges of the nails
Alice & Olivia also featured a series of four custom-made imPRESS Press-On Manicure nail looks within her "Passport to Wonderland" themed Spring/Summer 2019 Presentation at New York Fashion Week. Miss Pop was Lead Manicurist for KISS Products Inc.