6 Ways to Stop Fear
There are always times in life where we feel overwhelmed by fear. This usually happens because of the unknown. We fear what we don't know or have answers to. We may never find those answers but we can fine ways to diminish the feelings of fear and return to a more joyful state of mind. Here are a few ways I bring myself back to a peaceful feeling.
1. Decided to simply be happy, feel good. It is funny how simply making the decision to do something, like declaring "I am happy" or "I am feeling good" can change your whole perspective. Say these affirmations on repeat.
2. Picture the near future when everything has past and the tremendous feeling of relief your will have. Close your eyes and live in that moment. Use it when you feel the fear coming up and know that day will come.
3. Create a Pinterest board or photo file on your phone of everything that makes you feel good when you look at it. Beach photos, your puppy, food you love to eat, people you have fun with, place you like to visit, all of these will bring up joy and take you away from fear.
4. Meditate, you have heard this before and that is for a reason, it works. It is a day by day practice. Start with 5 minutes when you wake up and 5 minutes before you go to sleep. I use guided meditations on youtube like this one before I fall asleep.
5. Do Kundalini breath work. It is simple and effective immediately. Here is a great video for how to do it.
6. Get outside, breath in fresh air, let the sun hit you and just shake out your whole body like a little kid. It will release the fear energy.